Sample Page Support Boston Business Free The Road to Boston 2007

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  depprussell 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

depprussell
    Participant

HI,

It was so great to see so many forum folks…I’ve got people all jumbled up now but it was so fun to actually talk to you all! I met so many superstars today, it was certainly more exciting than watching the Oscars. I thought the race was very well run by the organizers. The only complaint I can think of was that we weren’t supposed to bring in food and water, though water was winked at. We went out to the car so I could have a banana and a granola bar. The stuff the concessions sold wasn’t the sort of thing I would ever want to eat before an all out effort. So much exciting stuff happened that I can’t remember it all, but it was so cool to see forum folks racing: Dave Howells, Niall Williams, Jon Bone, Paul Flack, Andras Von Tonder, Fred Dickie, oh, I can’t remember everyone, and I missed some people I wanted to see trying to find them since they were racing at the same time! It was great meeting Will, Bob, TomR, and seeing Rick, Kinley, and Bill Burke again. I didn’t get to meet coggs or Ben Rea, I taped a post it note to my erg with the av paces needed to meet my old PB and also to hit 7:30, 7:28, and 7:26. It also had on it 3 plans to meet the goal of 7:26: 1:53, 1:52, 1:51, 1:50 ; in case that didn’t fly: 1:53, 1:53, 1:52, 1:48 or 1:53, 1:52, 1:51, 1:48. I didn’t hit any of them, exactly, but ended up with 1:54.1, 1:53.7, 1:52.3, 1:47.4, enough to get a PB by about 5 seconds. Had no idea I had 3rd place until someone told me after I’d left the floor as I was totally focussed on my own paces. My daughter coxed me and did just what I wanted her to do–kept me steady with a few reassuring remarks through the first 1500 m and then gave me a loud vigorous Power 10 (or 11 or 12) for each of the remaining 100ms. At the end I had to close my eyes and didn’t realize the race was over so I rowed a few strokes after the end. Guess that makes up for the stroke I left off at Rick’s race!

For more details:
    Animated Explainer Video Production Company

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.